Monday, August 18, 2014

Potato Pancake

This is my version of Gamjajeon (Korean potato pancake). My kids love it and it's really easy to prepare. I've gotten the recipe from my new helper who worked for a Korean employer for 4 years (Happy bellies yay!). 

Ingredients
3 large potatoes (I used  the russet variety)
Half a yellow onion
Salt
Oil 

Steps
Wash, peel and grate the potatoes
Peel and cut onion 
Mix the cut onions and potatoes in a bowl and marinate with a pinch of salt or more if desired
Heat up the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the potatoes
Using the back of a spatula, spread and press the mixture
Fry both sides until brown

Tip
If you flip the pancake too early, it'll break easily. 






Tada. Usually I have the pancake with porridge or on it's own but decided to have them with a sunny-side up and gluten-free bread (with cream cheese spread) my nephew made.
I like mine soft and chewy so I didn't fry it for too long and I used less oil too. Add more oil if you like yours crunchy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment